Plugins language translations...

General Remaks about our web site or other things that don't fit in any other forum
Markus3d
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Plugins language translations...

Post by Markus3d »

Hi,

I am Finnish translator of XnView program and also translated some plugins which works in it. So I looked from XnView website (http://www.xnview.com), what addons may be available for XnView. From there I found a link to this site.

So I ask, if the plugins contains language options, which could be translated also? Yet I didn't try any of the (free) plugins/filters download to examine and test them, but when I have free time too much, I may try to download some to see, if I could make a translation. :)

With best regards,

Markus

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

If you like to translate one of the PhotoWiz plugins (http://www.thepluginsite.com/products/photowiz/), I can send you the text files for translation. As a reward you will get the plugin for free.

Markus3d
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by Markus3d »

That's a great offer, mr. Heim! I would have been interested in translation even for free, but of course, if I can test and view the plugins in some programs (like XnView or Paint Shop Pro 8 or Paint Shop Pro Photo XI), I could decide most fitting translation, when I see the plugin in action.

I would start the process with the files during my free time, for the translating is my hobby, not the work I do (building wall elements). So I can not give exact schedules. Also, keep in mind that I translate to Finnish, which is not as "big" languages as English or French, when population in Finland covers between 5 and 6 million people.

As this forum admin, you can extract my e-mail address I use related to internet, so you can write me to that address. I have separate adress(es) for personal e-mailing too, which I can pass then in my reply. Having different e-mail addresses for any internet (=mostly for different forums) related usage, I can get my received mails in separate folder than different forum reports, which come to my "forum" address.

So, if you can pass me the files you need to be translate and optionally the plugins (or the links to those), I could start the process then.

And Merry Christmas to everyone. :)

Markus