camcorder raw plugin

General Remaks about our web site or other things that don't fit in any other forum
jackie4
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

camcorder raw plugin

Post by jackie4 »

Is there software or plugin for a camcorder raw of any kind that would work
for any camcorder so you would not have to use every software that comes with a camcorder Like when you are trying to make a dvd video from downloading a camcorder.
can you help or do you understand what I am asking for.

rsnow
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by rsnow »

I'm not sure but it sounds like you are talking about trying to make a dvd straight from the camcorder.

I have programs that will do this. They are just video editing programs with what they call a wizard that automatically puts in a theme and menu. I have never used these wizards because I like to do my own thing and create my own themes, etc. All of the video editing programs I've seen will capture the video from the camcorder into either avi or mpg files which can be accessed by most editing programs. Whether you edit or not, these files can then be made into a dvd by the same editing program.

Some of the more common editing programs for home users are Roxio, Ulead, Pinnacle, Adobe Premiere Elements and Sony Vega.

I've never heard of a plugin for what you describe.

jackie4
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

thanks

Post by jackie4 »

thank you your reply. I have Roxio 8, but you have to have the software that came with the camcoder and a usb to transfer to your computer.
That is what I mean is there just one software for all camcoders that you can use, besides always downloading a different software for each different camcoder?

rsnow
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by rsnow »

I recently purchased my camcorder and it came with a firewire cable. Most new camcorders will come with either a firewire or a usb cable. If not, a usb cable is not expensive.

As to the software, I did not need or install software that came with my camcorder because there was none. All three of my video editing programs recognized my camcorder and I could capture with each of them. The only difference between them was one would only capture in avi format while the others would capture in either avi or mpg format. Unless your camcorder is very old or an odd brand, Roxio should be able to capture from it once you connect to your computer with the appropriate cable. In Roxio there should be a Setup tab or menu option where you can go in and select the source you want to capture from.

rsnow
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by rsnow »

besides always downloading a different software for each different camcoder?

One other thing....how many camcorders do you have or plan to capture from?